Friday, May 28, 2010

Off and running...

Welcome to my new little corner of the world.

I've always wanted to try my hand at blogging, but have never had the time to devote to writing enough for my standards. However, after recently completing my Undergrad degree thanks to a hard-earned D in Biochemistry I finally feel that I can provide something of relevance to the Oilogosphere.

But I had to ask myself...where's my niche? What can I bring to our corner of the Interweb that isn't already being done by people more insightful, witty, and clever than I? It really was a hard decision because I feel that I have opinions that can be shared, yet will often go unnoticed without a place to my own. I feel that I impose a lot on other bloggers' comments pages which at the same time takes away from their original thoughtful post and makes my musings less effective as they could be.

For inspiration on finding my Oilers niche, I looked first to the blogs I check everyday. Lowetide. Black Dog. Copper and Blue. The gold standards of excellence for any aspiring Oilers blogger. It was in these places I looked for something to compliment their writing, for in these blogs I have found others who share my love for following hockey prospects.

I take more pleasure in watching the development of prospects than watching full grown men earn wealthy paychecks. Once players reach a certain age and have established themselves at the NHL level, they grow less exciting to me. I, for one, would gladly enjoy watching my hometown Manitoba Moose rather than welcome back the Winnipeg Jets for this very reason (but that's a story for another day). It is, and has been for some time, prospects, which pique my hockey interests. Other blogs may touch on prospects, but they will make up the majority of my rants and ravings on this blog.

Thanks for taking the time to come check out my new blog. I hope you enjoy reading about the next Oiler prospects...bubbling under.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news, awesomer pic!

    I for one have always enjoyed your comments, DG, and look forward to the new blog. We've added Bubbling Under to our blogroll over at C&B.

    ReplyDelete